28 February 2004

Techno Pack-Rat

According to my personal lexicon, a "techno-pack-rat" is person who can not delete any files or otherwise get rid of any obsolete electronic equipment.

My husband and I come from "pack-rat" families. Everybody knows somebody that just can't throw anything away... and for some reason everybody (with the exception of us) in each of our families are like that and we try really hard not to be that way. Of course, as time goes on we all accumulate junk, but unlike a pack rat, we can throw things away.

But one night, A. was going through the files on his computer and mentioned to me that he had files with creation dates of 1993! I asked if he was going to delete them... he hesitated... I asked if he REALLY needed them... he hesitated again. It was at this point that I called him a techno-pack-rat. We then traded verbal barbs for a few minutes, but now he will forever be my techno-pack-rat!

No comments: