03 June 2004

Kitchen Alphabet

Last winter, when I first started downloading free cross-stitch patterns off the web, I downloaded Ellen Maurer-Stroh's Kitchen Alphabet Series. Yep, all 26 letters. I left the downloaded patterns in my computer's Cross Stitch Directory and didn't think too much more about them.

Then a couple of weeks ago at breakfast, I looked above my table and noticed this glaring white space that was crying out for decoration. The proverbial light-bulb went off above my head: It was a perfect place for the Kitchen Alphabet!

However, I don't like to do big projects and all 26 letters, plus a border, plus two chef hats was a pretty daunting thought. Once again, I had an idea: How about just my initials? That is only three of the 26 letters and was a manageable project. I had even seen a frame at the craft store that looked to be about the right size.

Well, I bought the frame and finished painting it today. I finished the cross-stitching today too. I will photograph the entire project when finished, but for now I am sharing the finished cross-stitch piece.

RCG Kitchen Alphabet
© blondelibrarian

As I asked A. last night, why is it that bored housewives inevitability turn to crafts?

No comments: