25 June 2004

Nein, Danke...

Today I saw a really impressive commercial on MTV.

The scene opens in coffee house. A young man in his 20s is sitting at a table drinking a coffee and smoking a cigarette. Suddenly, he spies a very attractive young woman at the next table. After making eye contact a couple of times, he goes over to her table and smiling, he offers her a cigarette. She waves them away and reaches into her purse as if to get her own cigarettes. Instead she pulls out a microphone-like contraption, puts it to her throat, and says in an electronic voice, "Nein danke, ich rauche nicht mehr." (trans. "No thank you, I don't smoke anymore.")

All I can say is, "Wow. That's quite a message."

I wish I could show that to my sister, my best friend, and everyone else I know who smokes...

No comments: