23 January 2004

Wal-Mart in Germany Too!

It's a new day and I have spent most of it fiddling around with the template for my blog. I am still not sure if I am happy with it, but I like it better than I did yesterday...

I am so glad it is Friday! My big adventure today was going to the grocery store. I am embarrassed to admit it, but even though I live in Germany, I still shop for my groceries most of the time at the local Wal-Mart SuperCenter! It really isn't because I am a loyal Wal-Mart customer or anything (in fact, when I lived in the US, I tried to avoid going there whenever possible), but I found out that the grocery store with the best selection of groceries in our area happened to be Wal-Mart... go figure!

Anyway, the other "good" part about Wal-Mart here is that occasionally I happen to find some imported American products that I have sorely missed. Who would have thought I liked Kraft Macaroni and Cheese so much?! Today, I was delighted to find Carmex. This was a good thing, because I have never been a Blistex fan and the supply (of Carmex) I brought from the States was just about gone.

Now, in case you don't know about Carmex, it is the best chapped lip medicine that you can buy, and headquartered in Wisconsin. Because of the fact that the headquarters are in Wisconsin, I really figured the next time I went home to visit my family would be the next time I had a chance to buy some.

No comments: