21 August 2004

Zucchini Pancakes

One of the vegtables that I like is zucchini. I really like stuffed zucchini, fried zucchini, zucchini bread, zucchini cookies, and I have even been known to eat zucchini cassorole.

The summer between my sophomore and junior year of college, I lived in a house with 3 other girls. One of them was Korean and loved to cook. At the time not only did I not like to cook, but I wasn't all that interested in food or cooking techniques. Anyway, the girl in our house that cooked made these very delicious zucchini/squash pancake things that summer. And I loved them. All throughout August when the summer zucchini and squash were at their best she brought fresh zucchini and squash home from the farmer's market and made those pancake things for us. I never asked for the recipe or how to make them, and within weeks after that summer was over we lost contact and I never saw her again.

Since then I have bought many a zucchini and tried many a recipe that I thought were similar, but have never been able to figure out exactly how she made them and with what. It is such a bummer!

If anyone has any idea how to make Korean Zucchini/Squash Pancakes, would they please let me know? You would be doing me (and my stomach) a huge favor!

* * * * *

Now Playing: "Son of a Preacher Man" - Dusty Springfield

No comments: