09 April 2004

Schloß Nymphenburg

Today I talked A. into taking me to visit one of the tourist traps here in Munich that we had not visited before: Schloß Palace) Nymphenburg and its attached gardens.

The way I figure it, people come from all over the world to visit Munich, so shouldn't we, who live here, try and visit some of the things that make it famous from time to time? Besides, it was a perfect opportunity to use my new digital camera! :) The weather was a little cool, windy, and cloudy, but overall, it was a lovely day for a visit.

I ended up taking 91 pictures (!) with my new camera and saved about 30 of the images. (See more of my photos from Nymphenburg here.) Already I can see the advantage of a digital camera and a 128M flash card. I can take a whole bunch of photos and the ones that don't turn out I can just delete... no wasting film. That is a plus for me, because I am not exactly the world's best photographer and with a roll of traditional 24 film, I usually end up with at least 5 bad pictures. I love my new camera!

No comments: