10 May 2004

How DUMB can you be?

I will confess that I have been really tired of this whole Iraq War thing for... oh I don't know, since before it began, and never have had any desire to put anything about it on my blog before today.

However, since these torture pictures came out I keep thinking about the people that took the photos of the prisoners. Yeah, the photos disgust me and all, but what I don't get is why the soldiers took these pictures in the first place.

Not so much because only a moron would be stupid enough to take them without thinking that eventually the press would get ahold of them, but what the hell were these people planning to do with these photos in the first place?

Were they going to put them in their "Iraq War" photo album so that years down the road they could browse through the pictures and tell their grandchildren, "Look Sara, these are the pictures of the Iraqi prisoners that your grandfather tortured back in the days when war was about oil and anyone who was a Muslim was considered a terrorist?"

Man, I just don't get it!

No comments: