22 May 2004

Thirty-something

Well, it is finally the evening of the 30th birthday, and even though the day started out kind of shitty, things have gotten better. And though I won't be getting my present until Monday, (it seems like a new computer is in the works for yours truly... it's not the diamond earrings I requested, but I guess it'll do...) dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant was enough for me to say that I have had a decent birthday, even if it wasn't exactly what I had hoped for.

Secretly, I had always hoped that on my 30th birthday someone would throw me a surprise party. But now since my family lives thousands of miles away and my husband and I still don't know that many people I guess my dreams of a surprise party will have to be put on hold until my 35th or something...

Luckily though, I haven't been depressed at that thought of turning 30 and overall, I don't feel old. I look at myself in the mirror and know that no one will mistake me for 21 anymore, but that is OK since I wouldn't want to be 21 again and also because I know that few people would guess that I am actually 30.

Anyway, tomorrow I officially enter the fourth decade of my life and from now on I can say that I am thirty-something. I wonder what surprises it has in store for me...

No comments: