13 July 2004

The "Fitness Studio"

Back in March, A. and I joined our local "fitness studio," which is one of those fancy-sounding imported English words that simply means "gym." It was our intention to go twice a week. We did really good for about a month. Then with the onset of summer we were struggling to go once week. However, after discussing how much money we spent on a year-long membership, we renewed our vow to go twice a week. For the past two weeks we have managed to keep our word.

As part of our membership, we get sessions with a trainer every 20-25 visits. They give you a fitness test, check your blood pressure, measure your weight and fat, and show you new exercises.

Last night, was my second training session (since March I have gone 23 times!). The trainer measured me and the bad news (at least in MHO) was that we found neither my weight nor fat mass had changed. (I had hoped to reduce them both) The good news was that my fitness level had gone up two-fold and my blood pressure had gone down a bit. Considering that I had been more concerned with visiting the "Solarium" (tanning bed) than doing my exercises the last couple of months, I guess it wasn't all that bad. In all honesty, I had been getting bored with my exercises anyway, so it is a good thing the trainer showed me some new ones. As of today, I am motivated again. How long it will last I don't know...

No comments: