21 July 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week #1

As a way to participate in my new cross-stitching blogger's webring, I am posting my thoughts on the Question of the Week:

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week


Would you consider yourself 'addicted to stitching'? Why or why not?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Hmm... usually when I hear the term "addicted" I associate it with an activity that the person in question has a difficult time controlling. I like to say I am addicted to sugar. As much as I try, I just cannot control my love of sugar!

Can I control my desire to cross-stitch? Yes... so I would say that I am not addicted to cross-stitch. I control it, it doesn't control me. However, I will admit that my hobby is sometimes more like a habit that one might associate with addiction. :)

Occasionally I have been known to go through phases where I do basically nothing else but cross-stitch. Then again, some days I deliberately do not cross-stitch so that I can enjoy my progress and don't get bored with a piece and I seldom start a new piece unless the previous one is finished.

So, even though I may spend all of some days cross-stitching, start planning my next project as soon as I begin my current one, and sometimes get irritated when my stitching groove is interrupted... of course I don't have a problem! :)

No comments: