28 September 2004

A Little Holiday

On Friday, we will be leaving for almost a week to visit eastern Germany: specifically, we will be going to Chemnitz, Freiberg, and Dresden.

A. has something related to work to do for part of the time in Chemnitz and since I have wanted to visit Dresden ever since we came to Germany, I am tagging along.

I don't know too much about Chemnitz, but I visited their online tourist office today and the town looks quite nice and offers some walking tours that I am planning on doing while A. is doing his thing.

We are going to Freiberg, a mining town since Medieval times, as part of activities planned for the group that will be in Chemnitz, and that should be very cool. We visited the Salt Mines in Salzburg a year or so ago and I loved them.

Dresden is just a stop that we are planning since we will be in the neighborhood. The main thing I want to see there is the world-famous Opera House, but from what I understand there are lots of other neat things there too.

Look for photos from my trip soon!

No comments: