30 September 2004

Odds n' Ends

So I tried really hard when I went downtown today to observe something that would be blog-worthy. Unfortunately, I didn't have too much luck.

I saw a really cute guy of about 20 on the train in his traditional "Lederhosen" on his way to Oktoberfest. He was really tan, had thick dark brown hair, and extremely clear skin. I thought about making a pass at him, then I remembered: 1.) I am married. 2.) He was way too young for me! (Eek! When did that happen?!)

Speaking of Oktoberfest, I think this is the last weekend for it. I am not completely sure as I haven't been to one since the first year I was here. When you don't drink beer, Oktoberfest is only marginally interesting...

Then when I was riding the escalator an old man behind me complemented me on the color of my hair. Just when I was about to say thank you, he asked me if it was my natural color! I am used to that from women, and I always secretly enjoy telling them that my color does not come from a bottle, but men don't ask me that too often.

Otherwise, I spent today getting ready to leave on my trip tomorrow and finished my 10 hour rotation on "Cat in Garden." I have worked through my existing pieces and am ready to start a new one.

I have a smallish kit that I bought a while back that is my Zodiac Sign (Gemini) and I think that I will take it with me on my trip. Sometimes I take cross-stitch with me when I go places and sometimes I don't. However, since A. has to do some work on this trip, I may actually have a little time to stitch.

The interesting thing about this kit is that is Danish (or perhaps Swedish) I am not sure... the word "Gemini" on it is "Tvillingarna" and that is not German. (Help me out fellow expats... is it Danish, Swedish, or something else?) In German, "Gemini" is "Zwillinge."

It came with a really neat gold-glitter hoop for framing and also contains an alphabet, so I can stitch my own words. I may do it like I do the English/German Fruit Series and put both the English and German word on it. We'll see. Thus far I haven't examined it close enough to know whether or not both words will fit.

No comments: