28 September 2004

SBQOTW

And now, for the Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Would you or have you designed your own cross stitch design? If you have can we see it?

Yes I have.

The thing that motivated me to begin stitching again last year was that I wanted to make Christmas presents for my family. At that time I hadn't located very many stitching supplies in Germany and couldn't find the patterns I was looking for online. (e.g. free and very small - I was doing fingertip towel borders ... Never fear! I have located tons of free patterns online since then.)

In addition to that, I had a specific theme in mind for my step-sister; a sea theme. I was feeling creative and had some graph paper so, I designed the following:


Self-Design
© blondelibrarian

These are not finished products, but samples I stitched so I could see if I liked the colors and such. For example, part way through back-stitching the sea horse I decided that black back-stitching would look better.

However, in the end none of these designs made it to the towel I stitched my step-sister. Instead, I designed a repeating dolphin pattern for her towel. (See the photo here. It is the one in the middle on the right side.)

In addition to that, I have also designed a couple of small pieces for myself. And finally, I have also designed some charts that I have never gotten around to stitching. Someday... someday...

No comments: