18 March 2004

The Darkness and Labyrinth

Today I bought The Darkness's CD "Permission to Land." I gotta to say, "I love it!" I was (and still am) a big fan of 80s Pop Metal/Hair Bands, whatever you want to call it, and The Darkness is taking me back in time. I haven't liked a band with hair, leather, and makeup so much since I was 17. :)

On another, multimedia note, I also bought the DVD of my favorite movie of all time today, Labyrinth. If you haven't seen this movie, it stars David Bowie as the Goblin King and Jennifer Connelly (a LONG time before she won an Oscar) as Sarah. It also has Jim Henson puppets in it.

My favorite parts of the movie include:

David Bowie as the Goblin King
-- Damn he looks fine!

The song "Magic Dance"

The story (Sarah has to rescue her baby brother after she wishes him away)
-- Oh, how many times I wished my baby sister away...

No comments: