16 March 2004

My Dream Job

The other day, a friend of mine sent me an email asking me to answer the following two questions for a project she is working on:

What is your current job?

What is your dream job?

Currently, I am a housewife (p.c. homemaker) and student of the German language and culture, though a librarian by education and training.

My dream job, however, is to be a world-renowned exotic cat (lions, tigers, ocelots, etc.) veterinarian.

Why? First of all, I like animals, but cats are my favorite. Second of all, when I was a little girl I didn't dream of being a ballerina or actress or anything girly like that, but a veterinarian. I could never stand to see an animal suffer. (Yes, I was the girl that tried to save the baby bird that fell out of its nest.) Third of all, I always loved the zoo and wanted to work there. Why didn't I accomplish this dream? Well, I can go into all sorts of ravings about how society discouraged me as a girl away from math and science, which is partly true, but in actuality I was also in love with literature and the library and that is the path I took when I went to college. I guess if I was determined I could still be an exotic cat veterinarian, but it sure seems like a lot of work.

So, dear readers, what is your dream job?

No comments: