31 March 2004

New Toy!

Well, I finally did it. Yesterday I bought a digital camera.

After weeks of research, going into stores and fondling about every digital camera available, and establishing myself a budget (about 200 Euros), I bought the Canon Power Shot A300.

According to reviews, it is about the best camera you can get with all sorts of nifty features for the price. The only down side is that it comes with 2 AA alkaline batteries, as opposed to rechargeables. You can use regular AA batteries with it, but the camera sucks them dry very quickly, so I guess I will have to buy some rechargeables.

Otherwise... I am still in the process of reading the manual (which is in German!) and learning about what all those nifty features can really do. Unfortunately, the first 5 pictures I took with it were unintentionally deleted while I was fiddling around with the menus, so until I take some more today I have none to show at the moment.

However, as I learn more about my new camera and take more photos, I will update my experiences with my new toy.

No comments: