15 March 2004

Hobbies

I have three main hobbies: computers, reading, and cross-stitching and I go through phases with each hobby where I let it consume my time until I am bored with it.

Lately, my all-consuming hobby has been computers, but that is because I just burned out of my cross-stitching hobby again. For five months, cross-stitching is all I did and I produced some really nice pieces of work, but then I started messing around with the computer again and my cross-stitching has sort of fallen off.

The thing that aggravates me though is that I am in the middle of a fairly large piece and now every time I sit down to work on it my attention span wavers in about 30 minutes and I am back at the computer. I know eventually I will get it done, but last time I took a break from cross-stitch it lasted about 3½ years!

No comments: